WELL COME

WELL COME TO STUDENT TOPICS
Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 2 March 2011

Diagnosis of angina pectoris


How Is an Angina Diagnosis Made?

In order to diagnose angina, your healthcare provider will ask a number of questions, including questions about:

· Current symptoms
· Other medical conditions
· Current medications
· Risk factors for angina and coronaryheart disease
· Family history of medical conditions, including heart disease.

Your healthcare provider will also perform a physical exam, looking for signs andsymptoms of angina, and recommend certain tests and/or procedures. These procedures are used to:

· Decide if you have angina
· Determine the extent and severity of the disease
· Rule out other possible causes of your symptoms.

Tests Used to Diagnose Angina

Some of the tests your healthcare provider may recommend to help make an angina diagnosis include:
· Blood tests
· Electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG)
· Stress tests
· Echocardiogram
· Nuclear heart scans
· Other tests.

Your doctor uses your physical exam results, your risk factors, family history, and your symptoms to decide which test or tests to order.
Blood Tests
Some blood tests that may be ordered as part of evaluating someone for angina include:

· A fasting glucose test to check your blood sugar level.

· A fasting lipid panel to check yourcholesterol and triglyceride levels.

· The CRP test measures c-reactive protein (CRP), a protein in the blood that shows the presence of inflammation. Inflammation is the body's response to injury. High levels may be a risk factor for heart disease (see CRP Test for Heart Disease).

· A test to check for low hemoglobin in your blood. Hemoglobin is the part of red blood cells that carries oxygen to all parts of your body. Low hemoglobin can worsen angina in people at risk for it.

Electrocardiogram
An electrocardiogram (ECG or EKG) is a test that records your heart's electrical activity and can show certain problems, such as abnormal heartbeats or damage to the heart.

Stress Tests
Some heart problems are easier to diagnose when the heart is working hard and beating fast. During stress testing, a patient exercises or is given medicine to make the heart work harder and beat faster while tests are performed.

An exercise stress test is where your heart, breathing, and blood pressure are monitored while you exercise using a treadmill or a stationary bicycle. An EKG is usually done before, during, and after the stress test.

Other heart tests, such as nuclear heart scanning or echocardiography, can be done at the same time as an EKG. During nuclear heart scanning, radioactive dye is injected into the bloodstream, and a special camera shows the flow of blood to the heart muscle. If a person is unable to exercise, a medicine can be injected into the bloodstream to make the heart work harder and beat faster. Nuclear heart scanning or echocardiography is then done.

Two newer tests that are being done with stress testing are magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and positron emission tomography (PET) scanning of the heart. MRI shows detailed images of the structures and beating of the heart. PET scanning shows blood flow to the heart muscle and areas of damage.
Echocardiogram
An echocardiogram is an exam of the heart using sound waves. This test may be done while the person is at rest or exercising (called an exercise stress echocardiogram).

Nuclear Heart Scan
A nuclear heart scan (also known as a thallium stress test) shows areas of the heart that lack blood flow and are damaged. It can also reveal problems with the heart's pumping action. A small amount of radioactive material is injected into a vein, usually in the arm. A scanning camera positioned over the heart records whether the nuclear material is taken up by the heart muscle (these are healthy areas) or not (these are damaged areas).

The camera can also evaluate how well the heart muscle pumps blood. A nuclear heart scan can be done during both rest and exercise, enhancing the usefulness of its results.

Cardiac Catheterization
Cardiac catheterization, also known as coronary angiography or coronary arteriography, is a computerized x-ray of the coronary arteries. A catheter (a thin plastic tube) is inserted into an artery in the groin or arm and threaded into a coronary artery. After a fluid is injected, the x-ray reveals blockages in the coronary arteries.

Is the Diagnosis Angina or Another Medical Condition?

Several other medical conditions can cause chest pain. It is important to keep in mind that chest pain is not always caused by a problem in the heart. Your healthcare provider will consider other possible conditions before making an angina diagnosis. Some of these other conditions include:

· Peptic ulcer, which is an ulcer in the stomach or first part of the intestines
· Arthritis of the shoulder or spine
· Cervical disk disease
· Pericarditis, which is inflammation of the thin layer of tissue that surrounds the heart


3 comments:

  1. Hello everyone, i'm Linda Harry from United State i was diagnosed with Parkinson Disease  for over 6 years which made me loose my job and my relationship with my Fiance after he discovered that i was having Parkinson, he departed from me, and i tried all my best to make him stays, but he neglected me until a friend of mine  from UK told me Great healer, who will restore my life back with his powerful healing herbal medicine. then he  sent me his email address to contact him- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and i quickly contacted him, and he said my condition can be solved, that he will treat the disease immediately only if i can accept trust on him and accept his terms and condition, i Agreed because i was so much in need of help by all means, so i did all he instructed me to do. And surprisingly after two weeks, He sent me a text, that i should hurry up to the hospital for a checkup, which i truly did, i confirm from my doctor that i am now ( PARKINSON NEGATIVE) my eyes filled with tears and joy, crying heavily because truly the disease deprived me of many things from my life, This is a Miracle, dr imoloa also uses his powerful herbal medicine to cure the following diseases:  lupus disease,  mouth ulcer,  mouth cancer, body pain, fever, hepatitis A.B.C.,   syphilis,  diarrhea,  HIV/AIDS,  Huntington's Disease,   back acne,  Chronic renal failure,   addison disease,  Chronic Pain,   Crohn's Disease,   Cystic Fibrosis,  Fibromyalgia,   Inflammatory Bowel Disease,  fungal nail disease, Lyme Disease, Celia disease, Lymphoma, Major Depression,  Malignant Melanoma,   Mania,  Melorheostosis,   Meniere's Disease,  Mucopolysaccharidosis , Multiple Sclerosis,  Muscular Dystrophy,  Rheumatoid Arthritis, Alzheimer's Disease, parkison disease, vaginal cancer, epilepsy,  Anxiety Disorders, Autoimmune Disease,   Back Pain,  Back Sprain,   Bipolar Disorder,  Brain Tumour,  Malignant,   Bruxism, Bulimia,  Cervical Disk Disease, cardiovascular disease, Neoplasms, chronic respiratory disease,  mental and behavioural disorder,     Cystic Fibrosis,   Hypertension, Diabetes, asthma,  Inflammatory autoimmune-mediated arthritis.  chronic kidney disease, inflammatory joint disease,  impotence,  feta alcohol spectrum,  Dysthymic Disorder,   Eczema, tuberculosis,  Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, bone cancer, lung cancer. contact him on email- drimolaherbalmademedicine@gmail.com. and also on whatssap- +2347081986098

    ReplyDelete
  2. My symptoms started at the age of 47. My fingers on my left hand were stiff and were difficult to move. People noticed that my walk was not normal. I was often asked did I hurt.I noticed nothing different about my walk. It was difficult getting up from a chair and getting out of a car. I was diagnosed a year later, it was the onset of tremors starting in my right hand that caused my other symptoms to be recognized as Parkinson's.I am now 59. With the new herbal medicine i purchase from totalcureherbalfoundation.blogspot.com was my only way to get fast relief from this PD,their herbal supplement effectively reverse my Parkinson's disease condition and alleviate all my symptoms. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm proud to say now that I am finally at a place where I have found something that works for me. Almost four years ago I began seeing a classical Homeopath. I was put on a constitutional remedy by Dr Itua herbal center who reside in west africa, and I am amazed at my healing thus far. I will continue to post what worked for me and what didn't in more blogs to come (as this one is getting quite long... and I'm not writing a book on here - not yet anyway). This discovery has not only helped the way I practice, but it has also given me further insight into the world of Herbal  medicine. I came to know more about Dr Itua on Tv Station when I was taking my regular organic coffee at javamania coffee spot I watched the whole scene on how he uses Natural herbs to cure disease like Herpes, Hiv/Aids, Cancers,HPV,Men & Women Infertility,Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors,Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma,Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als And Diabetes, I was moved by his words then I took a confident step to contact him regarding my health condition Herpes & Prostate Cancer, He prepared his herbal medicine then sent it to me through Courier which I took as it's was instructed and I found myself healing symptoms are all gone I have being watching my health for years now and I finally confirmed that is a permanent cure like he told me at our first conversations so now I'm healthy and happy I purchase his herbal tea which I usually take in the morning before starting my day because it feels good to find addiction on natural herbs than medical drugs so is what I'm doing and loving it more and More to come later on blogs sooner I will be writing my book.I will advise you to contact Doctor Itua Herbal Center for any kind of permanent cure and herbal remedy.Doctor Itua Email Contact: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Also On Whats-App Calls: +2348149277967.

    ReplyDelete